Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sun Run Training- am I mad?!!

My idea of fitness- previous to training.--->


I don't know what possessed me this year, but I decided that I need to be fit. Looking in the local parks and rec book I noticed that they had a clinic for Sun Run Training- you have your choice of 3 levels. I decided to go for the learn to run clinic. How hard could it be??
It started 2 weeks ago and I am ready for needing to get fit rehab (get me off that addiction!)

I have to get up at 8 am every Sunday- no big deal you say- you have kids- what is the problem! The problem is that I like to get up on a Sunday laze around, drink 2 cups of coffee, watch Trading Spaces and maybe draw with the kids. Just take it easy. For the next 13 weeks I have to jump out of bed and be ready to walk/run a little further every week. With plenty of perky trainers encouraging your every step.
Furthermore I have to train 2 more times each week. Well have you seen the weather. Tuesday night I was supposed to go for a run- thank you to whomever decided that was a perfect time for a monsoon!!! I was not going out Tuesday night unless there was a millions bucks up for grabs at the end.
Wednesday night arrives- I had no choice I HAD to go out there into the rain. Once again thanks for the rain- okay maybe not a monsoon but enough to have wet socks, wets pants and wet head with rivers running between my eyes by the time I was done.
Now, you have to know that the most exercise I get is going out for a casual walk with the kids (picture kids size steps), or a bike ride- once again with the kids- nothing too crazy. Last night running for 2 mins and then walking for 2 mins -8 TIMES- damn near did me in. I was ready to pack the whole idea in near the end. A stitch the size of the grand canyon in my side and legs ready to drop off - whose idea of fun is this? Did I mention wet!!!
Oh well stay tuned- lets see if I can actually do this. I am going to go and eat a piece of apple pie and ice cream right now- and enjoy every bite- fitness and weight loss be damned!

No comments: