Friday, May 05, 2006

Still alive!

I thought I would finally post a new entry in case there is anyone who actually reads this!
Well I did it- the Sun Run that is! I actually ran 10km's in 73 mins. I would have liked to do a lot better but- I had to stop for a potty break and frankly the line ups are crazy. I must have waited 4-5 mins just to get into the disgusting, stinky, gross cubicle (no affinity to porta potties here!!!)
But after that I felt much better and I did it. I cannot believe I did- I woke up to a beautiful morning the day of and as everyone was wondering at the blue skies I was wondering what happened to the rain, snow and sleet I had been training in for the last 13 weeks. I was in no way, shape or form prepared to run in the heat, hence over hydrating and a 4-5 min delay.
I was so proud of myself when I finished I almost lost it at the finish line. Then I did lose it when I got home as my darling husband and children had done up a huge congratulatory card and flowers- it was lovely.

Now I just have to keep this running thing up- we have been a few times since then and if I can just keep it up I will feel so good about myself. 30 pounds to lose and summer looms!!!

2 comments:

Kazzy said...

CONGRATS BABE.

I am really, really proud of you.

Next year, we will do the Sun Run together. Even if we don't run as a team, we will go together, and celebrate after!!!!!

GOOD ON YOU, and glad to see you back!! YIPPY!!

YAY for the victories in life - what an accomplishment!!!!!

Refinnej said...

WAY TO GO!!!!

I'm still here, by the way. ;-)