Monday, March 09, 2015

London here we come

Friday at 6pm our flight left from YVR.  We knew we were in for the long 9 hours and Frank had prepped with some sleeping pills and the girls with Gravel- I never have a problem sleeping on the plane so I was good!  We had an okay dinner and by okay I mean perhaps better than hospital food??
I got to watch "the Imitation Game" - great movie btw.  Then we all slept- I got maybe 3.5 hours as did Delaney- Frank slept for 5 or so.
Finally we landed at sunny Heathrow.  Steph had secured a driver for us and there he was to pick us up after a very pleasant jaunt through customs- they are really friendly here (who knew)!
We arrived at Rod and Steph's an hour later and to a wonderful BBQ lunch and sunny afternoon. We had a great catch up and the boys are too cute. We spent the whole afternoon basking in the sun and trying avoid going to bed too early.
Later the other family staying here (full house for sure!) arrived and we all had a great gab session.  They have 4 young ones under the age of 8- brave travellers I say.
At about 10pm we headed to bed- exhausted.

1 comment:

Kazzy said...

Have a fabulous trip! Hello Sandoval crew! Hoist a guinness for me :)